Health and Safety Protocols Update
Summer Camps 2021
Purpose for Protocols
- In response to national health concerns, Severn Basketball Academy’s primary focus is to minimize the risk of camp participants and staff in contracting, or Spreading Covid-19 Coronavirus, during camp sessions.
- Severn Basketball Academy will follow protocols suggested by the CDC and set by the state of Maryland, Anne Arundel County, and Severn School.
- Please by mindful of any Health and Safety protocol changes as we approach camp sessions this summer. Alterations may occur due to mandates placed by the state of Maryland, Anne Arundel County, and/or Severn School.
Throughout the Camp Day
- Staff Members and Campers will be required to wear mask or athletic gators except for when they are eating lunch, taking part in hydration breaks, or partaking in outdoor activity portions of camp.
- Lunches will be staggered based on age groups and we will utilize the Athletic Center Lobby area as well as the outdoor bleachers. Campers are required to physically distance during lunch and will be monitored by camp staff.
- Masks will be available and provided to campers who damage or lose their personal mask or gator during the camp day.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be set up throughout both gyms and Athletic Center lobby area.
- Campers will be mandated to wash their hands and/or sanitize immediately upon arrival, between activities, as well as before and after eating lunch.
- There will be an occupancy limit for bathrooms as determined by Severn School. Signage will be posted in the athletic center.
- Campers and staff will not be permitted to use the athletic center water fountains. Severn Basketball Academy will require that all campers bring their own personal water bottle for consumption. There will be multiple hydration stations set up inside and outside of the Athletic Center where camp is taking place as well as bottled water sold at the snack bar.
- Drills and camp activities will be limited to campers in their same age group (league) and primarily among their assigned team. Coaches will keep a log campers per activity for contact tracing purposes.
- If a camper displays Covid-19 symptoms during the camp day, they will be sent home immediately. If a camper tests positive for Covid-19 during the camp week, campers who are determined to be a close contact will be notified and asked monitor, test, and potentially quarantine.
- To ensure that we do not have an overflow of campers in the main gymnasium, we will utilize the auxiliary gym as well as the athletic center outdoor space for camp activities throughout the day. We will have outdoor court space this summer.
First Day Registration and Morning Check In
- We ask that only one parent, family member, or guardian enter the Severn Athletic Center for First Day Registration and Morning Check In
- A camper’s parent, family member, or guardian will be required to answer a daily health and safety questionnaire pertaining to the camper upon arrival each morning.
- Campers will have their temperatures taken before entering camp each day.
- Campers will not be permitted into camp if their temperature is higher than 100.4 F.
Afternoon Pick-Up and End of Session Award Ceremony
- We ask that only one parent, family member, or guardian enters the Severn Athletic Center for Afternoon Pick-Up and End of Session Award Ceremony. Social Distancing is required.
- We request that campers and their parent, family member, or guardian exit Severn’s Athletic Center in a timely manner at the conclusion of each day.
- We ask that campers do not shoot around following camp so that staff members can sanitize all camp equipment.
- All Adult Staff Members will adhere to one of the following prior to the start of the week’s camp session:
- Full Covid-19 Vaccination with recommended time quarantined following final dosage.
- Negative PCR Covid-19 Test completed seven days or less prior to the start of that camp session.
- Logged 10-day quarantine with no Covid-19 symptoms immediately prior to the start of that camp session.
- Any staff member that displays Covid-19 symptoms during the camp week will be sent home and campers who campers who are determined to be a close contact will be notified. All necessary steps will be taken prior to that staff member returning to camp.
Please Note an update to all listed Health and Safety Protocols will be communicated during the month of May as well as the week prior to the commencement of Severn Basketball Academy Summer Camp Sessions.